Cornerstone Congregational Church in Westford MA is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper averaging 4-10 hours per week, to be determined upon hiring. Salary ranges from $11-15 per hour depending on experience. This person is a member of staff and also works closely with the Treasurer and our various Ministry Teams.
Please submit your résumé and two references with email address and phone number to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookkeeper Job Description
The Bookkeeper is accountable to the Board of Elders, supervised by the Senior Pastor, rendering service for the hours per week at a wage scale agreed upon by the Board of Elders with input by the Board of Deacons and Finance Team.
- Agreement with the Articles of Faith of Cornerstone Congregational Church, allowing for such exceptions as may be allowed by the Elder Board
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping or related financial position preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Strong computer, communication, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Alignment with Cornerstone staff culture and values
This is an hourly position for approximately 4-10 hours per week, to be determined upon hiring. Salary range is dependent upon qualifications.
Use QuickBooks accounting software to:
- Record income
- Pay bills in a timely manner
- Run payroll using Quickbooks Full Service Payroll
- Track budget
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation
- Make journal entries as necessary
- Complete end of month close
- Provide reports as needed
- Maintain accurate and reliable records
Assist Treasurer and Finance Ministry Team by:
- Helping with the annual budget preparation, preparing Ministry Team expenses vs. budget information for teams to review
- Creating and generating month-end financial reports detailing performance to budget, disseminating the reports to the corresponding ministries
- Creating quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Attending Finance Team meetings if requested
- Receiving direction and oversight from the Treasurer
- Maintain General Ledger
- Balance and produce quarterly and end of year statements for Auditor’s review upon request
- Maintain financial records for 7 years.